Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

6 Months Ago

Six months ago I was growing a baby in my belly. It had a beating heart and a brain. It had little hands and feet. It was going to grow up to be someone special - someone great. At least in my mind it was.

Six months ago I was looking forward to August 31st. It was a prominent date in my mind. It still is, but in a very different way. I have been dreading it. That date will now always remind me of the baby that didn't get to be; that never got a chance. I will probably always be just a little bit sad on that day.

There is a silver lining, though. There is now a new little one getting the chance to grow and become someone special right inside me. I have seen it. I saw it wiggle and was told it had a heart beat of 171 bpm. I am 10 weeks and 3 days.

I am grateful to be able to face this day knowing that God has special plans for a different child in our lives. One that will be just as great.

2 comments:

mommo4.5 said...

I love you, Sweetie, and I love ALL of your children.

LDH said...

That is wonderful Morgan!